Monday 8:30am - 4:30pm
Tuesday 8:30am - 4:30pm
Wednesday 8:30am - 12:00pm
Thursday 8:30am - 4:30pm
Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm
The medical office of Michael A. Randolph, MD PC seeks a part-time Medical Assistant to promote and maintain patients' health by providing assistance for both Clinical and Operations support.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Cover letters should detail why you would be a good fit as a Medical Assistant for a private medical practice. Please also include the date that you could begin working and desired salary.
- Successful completion of a Medical Assistant program/certification
- Possess up-to-date Certified/Registered Medical Assistant credentials
- Minimum of two (2) years of relevant working experience as a Medical Assistant in an inpatient or outpatient setting.
- Professional communication and interpersonal skills, ability to problem solve.
- Experience working with electronic health records software is preferred
Job Duties (Including, but not limited to):
- Verifies patient information by interviewing patient; recording medical history; confirming purpose of visit.
- Prepares patients for examination by performing preliminary physical tests; taking blood pressure, weight, and temperature; reporting patient history summary.
- Responsible for completing procedures as directed by the physician including (but not limited to): EKGs, Vaccinations, Spirometry, Blood Glucose monitoring.
- Secures patient information and maintains patient confidence by completing and safeguarding medical records; completing diagnostic coding and procedure coding; keeping patient information confidential.
- Counsels patients by transmitting physician's orders and preparing prescription refills for physician approval.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing and following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Serves and protects the medical practice by adhering to professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements.
- Enhances practice reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Additional responsibilities as directed by Physician or Practice Manager